We want visitors to our websites to be able to take part fully in the interactive elements provided. We also want to make sure that when we collect information from you, we do so in a way that does not infringe your right to privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), and any other data law that applies in respect of data processing within the UK, the data controller is Kier Group plc, Tempsford Hall, Sandy, Bedfordshire SG19 2BD (referred to in this policy as “we”).
What information do we collect about you when you use our website?
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Your name, hometown and gender (this is collected by you adding it yourself).
- Precise GPS location from mobile devices is collected only with your permission. WiFi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location.
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) from which you have visited our site or that you visit after our site; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others.
We will not use this information:
- to lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
- We maintain a reasonable level of security, however the transmission of information via the internet, mobile networks or wireless technology is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of your data during transit to our website. Any personal information you submit is sent at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information it will be stored within the European Economic Area and we will use reasonable procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Links from our site
- Our website may contain links to other websites.
- Our site and apps may, from time to time, contain links to other websites, mainly those of our partners and clients, but also those of other third parties. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you access the website through your browser, you can manage your cookie settings there but if you disable some or all cookies you may not be able to use the Services.
We use third parties like Google Analytics for website analytics. You may opt-out of third party cookies from Google Analytics on its website.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information in the following ways:
- to provide you with the requested website(s), app or services; and
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most user friendly manner for you and your computer or device.
Retention of your personal information
We maintain a reasonable level of security, however the transmission of information via the internet, mobile networks or wireless technology is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of your data during transit to our website. Any personal information you submit is sent at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information it will be stored within the European Economic Area and we will use reasonable procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Our Site is designed partly for children. Therefore we are aware that we must be extra cautious when processing personal information.
If you are under the age of 16, you may only use this Site and provide personal information (i.e. age and home town only) if you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
All users of the website, parents and guardians may email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire if their child has submitted personal Information to the website and to request the removal of any such Personal Information from our system.
How to contact us